Just Love Alumni Sixes: Going Deeper, Together
As Just Love Alumni, we want to engage with a whole-life, life-long pursuit of God’s justice.
We have a huge vision to see a generation of leaders stepping into a deep and long-lasting commitment to see tangible and sustainable impact on our nation and our world.
2020 has shown us how hard this pursuit can be. Bringing about tangible change is no mean feat, whether that’s tackling the enormity of issues such as climate change or trying to unpick and reimagine complex systems that allow for racial inequality or the proliferation of the poverty of the global South. Engaging with injustice is hard work when it comes to disagreeing well, to thinking strategically, to communicating clearly, to investing in others effectively. Sustaining our relationship with Jesus in the face of injustice is vital but so easy to let slip, to forget to centre ourselves on the Word and the Spirit.
If we want to be a generation who follow God’s heart for justice, we’ll need to grow so we can increasingly be skilful leaders who carry integrity, compassion and conviction. We’ll need to root ourselves deeper in our understanding of the Bible and what it looks like to do justice with Jesus. We’ll need to grapple with the complexities of bringing about high impact in various areas of injustice.
However we don’t have to do this alone. As a network, we want to equip ourselves to pursue justice through building deep and long-lasting relationships, enabling us to sharpen, stretch and champion one another. We want to provide space for accountability, encouragement and friendship that will enable us to go deeper in seeking social justice.
Sixes create the space to do just that.
Join us for Series 1: Kingdom Justice. Sign Up Now.
Possible future sessions to come:
- What would it really look like if we engaged in integral mission?
- What can the Bible teach us about postcolonial life?
- What is the role of the Spirit in my pursuit of justice?
- Why should I care about theology when I just want to DO justice?
- What does it look like to shape culture?
- Leadership and failure
- What is good communication?
- What can we learn from the ‘fallen giants’ of Christian ministry?
- How do we engage with systemic issues around slavery?
- What is my privilege and what do I do with it?
- Prisons and redemption
- How can I make the biggest impact possible with the money I give away?